Monday, December 17, 2007

Lifelong Learning Habits

While doing the tutorial I realized that I am definitely a lifelong learner. I believe in that old PBS advert that you learn something new every day. This is one of my favorite parts about being a librarian is the fact that learning new things is a part of my everyday process; every time a patron asks a question that I don't have immediate knowledge to the answer, I get to learn something.

I am the type of person who is always getting her hands into new things: yoga, baking, card-making, jewelry-making, etc. etc.

The habit that I am most successful with is habit #5 setting up a learning toolbox. I will make sure to be supplied with all that is needed in my learning process and then some.

The habit that I am least successful with is #1 beginning with the end in mind. Setting goals with definite objectives has always been difficult for me. I will say that I want to learn to knit, or how to podcast, but defining a specific measurable goal has always been a challenge for me, so it is definitely something to look forward to.

No comments: