Friday, December 21, 2007

#17 A Travel Wiki

I decided to play around with WikiTravel, since I have traveled a bit, and decided to perhaps create an article for a certain small Czech town in southern Moravia that I visited that did not have an article. However, I found myself with a huge lack of information to input.

In the end I decided to edit the article for my home town. When I tell most people that I am from Miami, they ooh and ahh, and ask why I came to Queens. What they don't know about is the particular area from Miami that I am from, Hialeah Florida, far removed from the glitz and glamour of South Beach (but still accessible by a 20 minute car drive or an hour long bus journey). Hialeah is an interesting place, and I think in New York it is sort of a tropical hybrid of Spanish Harlem, Jackson Heights and Jamaica Queens.

So take a gander at my edit (keep in mind there was no information in the article, only a listing for the hotel, so all of the info is my input, enjoy my home town.

Hialeah on Wiki Travel

I must say that this was a lot of fun. I kept just typing and typing and astonishing my co-workers and as I get more information I will probably continue to edit the article.

No comments: