Wednesday, December 19, 2007

#13 tagging is del.icio.us

So now I've found a way to replace my bookmarks! I must admit that before this exercise I was completely ignorant of before I embarked on this lesson. I was excited to learn of the possibilities for categorizing and tagging some of my own favorite sites.

I had a great time looking at and playing with the tags set up under the QL 2.0 site, and I will definitely add them to my del.icio.us account when I get the chance.

As a Mac user, for whom Internet Explorer or any other Windows based browser is not available I often find myself juggling between Firefox and Safari, with bookmarks on both browsers, often not categorized well. I can't wait to get home and create a detailed del.icio.us account that will help me when I am surfing and looking for specific website.

However, I don't see how this really could be applied to working in the library, or assisting patrons, other than putting certain search tools at the librarians disposal a little bit faster.

No comments: