Friday, December 21, 2007

#17.5 Facebook

Facebook and Myspace are social networking applications that I am definitely familiar with. When I was in college, I had (and to this day) still have accounts on both social networking sites. I use them in order to stay in contact with and also to regain contact with old co-workers, family and friends.

However, I am not as savvy as my young patrons, who have fancy profile pages with glitter and animation, and I really don't have any applications on my Facebook account, save for a horoscope one. (Yes, I know.)

It was interesting to take a look at the Top Facebook Applications for Librarians.

Books iRead was a pretty cool application and I think its a great idea. I believe there is also a movie application that is like this. Sharing what you are reading with your friends, along with reviews and recommendations is a great way to stay connected. My favorite feature is seeing who has similar tastes to your own; this is a great way to pick up some titles you might not have known about and will probably enjoy.

Another one of my favorites was MyFlickr, which allows your profile to stream Flickr photographs from your account of your choice. Much fancier and much more fun than uploading profile pictures, and it seems to save time!

Last but not least, of course, there is the LOL Cats. I just couldn't resist. This is the sort of thing that will definitely get you through one of those dreary mondays!



So thats where all my pens went!

1 comment:

Lianna Kelly [aka HalfFull] said...

Me too!! I just love LOL Cats. P.S. Congrats on finishing!