Friday, December 21, 2007

#23 An end note

What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?

My favorite exercises definitely had to be the Flickr and the Flickr mashups. Seeing all of the tools and toys out there as well as image generators. This is definitely something I will play with in the future, as well as the del.icio.us tagging, and the rollyo search engines.

How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?

It assisted me by opening me up to technology and Web 2.0 that I was previously ignorant about. This has definitely affected my lifelong learning goals because it exposed me to new tools that I can use to develop my knowledge about emergent technologies.

Were there any take-aways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?

I was amazed by all that there really is out there. I consider myself to be someone who is pretty well-versed in new technologies. This will only inspire me to work harder to keep in touch with what is available.

What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?


I would definitely say that most of these activities took a lot longer than 5 minutes a day to complete. I started late, in December because I only started working with Queens Library in November, but I can say that the activities required a lot more time (for registering and actually exploring the website/activity) and reflection.

If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you again chose to participate?

Most definitely I will take any other learning opportunity that I can get. The more I know, the more I am equipped with, the better job I can do every day. And that was the whole point, wasn't it?

1 comment:

Nice Guy said...

Customize similar images on http://www.txt2pic.com (you can make logos, signs, clipart, scrapbook layouts, personalized photocards, calendars, desktop wallpapers, etc).