Friday, December 21, 2007

#18 Sharing means caring

I have to admit that I am already familiar with GoogleDocs, and slightly addicted to it. In college, I would type papers up on my home PC on Microsoft Office, email them to myself, and then I had to print them from my sister's computer ( I was sans printer at the time), and my sister did not own Microsoft Office. The first time I did this I nearly had a heart attack, because I was on my way to class and had to turn a paper in that day. But then, my Gmail Account lovingly announced to me that I could open the file as a Google Document! Huzzah!

This is obviously an incredibly useful tool, and one that we actually use already. Instead of scrambling for the disk that houses the Powerpoint presentation that plays on the Monitor above the Customer Service Desk, or the Laptop Loan Agreement Template, or just creating lists or ideas for projects in the library, we can log into our Google Documents account and all of these things are available to us. This is great, and incredibly useful. It allows a group of people to have access to the same information, change the information as they need to, and collaborate. Yipee!

No comments: