Tuesday, December 18, 2007

#12 Sarita's Recipe Rollyo

In library school, my reference service professor spent hours talking about the evils of Google. She forbade us to use the search engine for her class, and told us that many librarians use it as a crutch. Working as a professional librarian, however it is something I use on a daily basis.

I had never heard of Rollyo before, but I find it to be another great tool to add to my repertoire. I created a Rollyo search roll for recipes. This is for my own fun and use, but I can see how this could be applied to the library world. Creating a rollyo search roll for homework help, for job or career search engines, for travel information/reservation web sites, etc. etc. The list is endless, and I see how it could be much more useful than just using the google "crutch".

If any of you all are interested, you can take a look at my Rollyo Search roll for recipes here:


Powered by Rollyo


Happy recipe hunting!

No comments: